Dr Fraser Quin, Acting Executive Director of the WLMO.
It is with great pleasure that we can announce that on 16th February 2023, twenty-two countries met to constitute the World Lifestyle Medicine Organisation (WLMO). Membership has since grown to include Lifestyle Medicine organisations from Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, Australasia, United States of America, the Far East, and the Middle East. The organisation has been registered in Geneva, Switzerland, and is therefore governed by Swiss Civil Law. WLMO is registered as a not-for-profit Association.
The WLMO is a collaboration of National Lifestyle Medicine Societies from around the world, together with Regional Lifestyle Medicine Organisations, united in their dedication to the global eradication of chronic and lifestyle-related (noncommunicable) diseases through sustainable evidence-based, lifestyle-related and health behaviour changes.
WLMO will pursue the following aims:
• serve to unite the Lifestyle Medicine organisations around the world.
• enable global sharing of evidence-based best practices and educational resources and enabling research.
• become the accrediting body for LM education worldwide.
• leverage public relations efforts.
• develop opportunities for synergistic collaboration.
• Create an administrative function to enable the achievement of its aims.(more…)